today I finally got to get back to my normal routine and have time for my bible study, no I should say today there is always time for that i just didn't make the time. Anyway it is always so cool when you just simply make time and open your heart it just seems to always be just the words I need to hear. Here is what spoke to me this morning. Again i am reading "having a Mary heart in a Martha world"
To those helpless under the weight of the Law, christ became a Burden Bearer: "Come unto me all you heavy laden and I will give you rest"(Matthew 11:28) But to lose who put their faith in their religious accomplishments,he added yet another load:One thing YOU lack,Jesus told the rich young ruler."go see everything you have and give to the poor.... Then come Follow Me!(Mark 10:21) Jesus knew that sooner or later there burdens would be to heavy to to bear alone.and He would be there.
Jesus stripped away all the traditions of men, the layers of do and dont's that had hidden the face of God. "This is who God is," Look and see! He loves you.
that is what Jesus was telling Martha that busy afternoon. "your worried and upset about many things but only one thing is needed. And what was that one thing? Not cooking or cleaning or doing good works, but knowing god. listening to him. leaving the kitchen long enough to experience the intimate fellowship of the living room.
( this is what I believe the Lord is doing for us here making or allowing us to leave everthing else and seek him)
What will we do when told we've missed out on the best God has for us?
It's hard to ignore the Love of Jesus!!!! I believe that is exactly what happened to Martha. I believe she followed her Masters leading. She bent her knees and found his feet. she let God DUMP HER WAGON, SO LOADED WITH CARE, THEN ALLOWED HIM TO FILL IT WITH HIS PRESENCE.
Only then did Martha let go of her lengthy list of to-dos and began doing the one thing that was needed, Did she begin to give God what he really wants.
No comments:
Post a Comment