Not to rub it in too much but the weather here today is absolutely amazing all I am missing is the waves rolling in. I sat out about 30 minutes today and I am burnt. Mrs. Ruth ,the lady that owns this place said, you know this is tropical sun you might want to get in the shade but me being the sun lover that I am didn't listen.
Anyway Carrol ,Christian, and Corie went to the market again today as well as the bank, which is an experience in itself, I really can't believe he did that, and to register for school. It is so funny how nervous that is making him. But he is such a perfectionist and this he is going into blind and it is driving him crazy. This is funny! He said at the language school the lady said, coma es tas, and he said right back ,coma es tas, which means how are you! he said she just politely just answered him, muy bein.That tickeled me but embarrassed him to death. he said she now knows he definatly needs some teaching.
We also met another couple here that are just coming to serve as missionaries in Panjancal, Guatemala and are fixing to start language school as well.
Now for another funny, this is what Corie brougt back from the trip out this morning, She said, Mom, that lady was feeding her baby right there in front of everyone with nothing over her. which I told her was custom hear that it was o.k. Then she said , and mom there was a man that just peed right on the street!
What experiences right!
Josie, I guess is becoming more and more adjusted I guess and boy does she have and attitude. She can tell the kids a thing or two. She is the Boss!
Again I just want to share the presence of God here and express how thankful we are for this experience.
I am reading the book "having a Mary heart in a Martha world" and anyone that knows me know that I am definatly a Martha. Here is a part I would like to share with you.
What is it about us women that creates such a desperate need in us to always 'know" to always 'understand"? We want an itinerary for our life, and when God doesn't immediatly produce one, we set out to write our own.
well this decribes me to a tee, but the one thing that is the most evident to me right now. Is God's plans are better than anything I could have wrote!
No comments:
Post a Comment