Well we are home and settling in great. Josie acts as if she has just returned to the home she has always lived in and in a weird way it seems she always has to us as well. We had a great day of travel she slept both flights and our time at the airport flew by so we had a great experience with that. Then we when we flew into the U.S. and landed in the housten airport she started getting so excited and then I wanted to cry because she was seeing the united states for the first time! Then I can't tell you how fast i wanted to get across that airport and see my family that I knew was waiting for us. I figured I would cry but it was overwelmingly emotional. Josie was such a social bug though and loved to give hugs to everyone. I think she is used to people making big deals about her!!Then to my HUGE suprise I was completely humbled to look down the stair way to see my dear friends Laura, Charles and Caroline,(who came home from Vietnam while I was gone), Laura and I withstood the very hard wait for our girls together, and then almost half of my church family was there. I can not tell you what that did to me. I know they had to take off work and make special arrangements to be there and to be honest we were a little embarrassed (in a good way) but that they would go through so much trouble for us. but how special the love we felt coming back home and being welcomed by all the people that mean the world to us. I could never forget that moment for the rest of my life. Josie loved on them all so uf course that made us some pretty proud parents.
And now she is still snuggled up in my bed and its my birthday and I couldn't imagine anything better in the world than the sight I see laying there so snuggly and safe and sound!
1 comment:
Hey Mica,
Welcome home and Happy Birthday! I just talked to mamaw and she had so much joy in her voice. I wish I could be there tomorrow, but can't. I want to send something, so could you send me your mailing address. Your last post made me tear up! I am so excited and happy for your family.
Love,
Denise
Post a Comment