Well my mom is right all though I wanted to be home by now being here during Holy Week is on once in a lifetime experience. If you would have asked before coming here I would have said that no, Easter is not about Easter bunnies we teach our kids the real meaning first and the easter bunny is just something fun, well..... being here I have had another life changing experience. Back home I can tell you not even being there I am sure you can go in any store and what you will see is mostly easter bunny stuff. well here they don't even always have the priviledge of having the whole story of Jesus and is life,death and resurrection but in Guatemala you won't go anywhere from Palm Sunday until Easter Sunday that you don't see the something about the story about Jesus. From the very young to the very old most absolutely everyone here is celebrating the life and death and resurrection of Jesus with no sight of the easter bunny. It sure makes me feel bad that in the country that we are so free to worship in reality there is so little true worshiping going on.
I hope this humbling experience will stay in my heart and continue to change me.
No comments:
Post a Comment