Today began with going to a orphanage and of course the first thing I noticed was the 5 little babies all in bumbo's under a shade tree. Of course my first instinct was to go hold them. Which I did, next thing I know myself and 2 others ended up holding them the rest of the time because truthfully their are too many children not enough nannies. No offense to the home and those that run it they are doing the best they can but it just isn't a family. Their isn't a mom to hold the baby when he is fussy with a tummy ache. They still have so many others. so sad reality is they spend a whole lot of their day in their crib or their bumbo. They have amazing nannies they can just only do so much. So I held a precious baby boy that I immediately had such a bond with and already he recognizes me and desires to be held. Not laid down. He wants to be snuggled like all babies do. He needs to feel that comfort. He needs to learn how to attach. He needs a family, but reality is he has 3 siblings all in the orphanage. He is very likely to never return home and because he is part of a sibling group he will most likely never be adopted by a Guatemala family and international adoptions are closed. So needless to say my heart is broken again the same way I know Gods heart is. That sin has caused such darkness in this world. At the end of the day though I have to go to bed knowing today there was a momma who loved him. Who cuddled him, who prayed over him and sang Jesus loves me to him and then I just have to Trust!
No comments:
Post a Comment