Thursday, May 21, 2015

Who, Me Lord?

Yes, you. I am calling you!

Many of us know the experience of being asked to take on a task that seems much too demanding for us. We're afraid of failure. We make excuses. But by doing so, we may miss the joy of being part of something wonderful!

This is the devotion I read when seeking Gods will for our family to adopt Gabriella. It is so true! While I wasn't sure I could do it and had significant fears I definately would have missed one of my greatest Joys in life! 

Now again the Lord is speaking this to me .When Jesus calls us to follow him, he's not looking for the smartest or the strongest or the most brave. He doesn't check our references or check our resumes. Scripture is full of stories of women and men who were used powerfully by God despite their lack of experience or expertise! 


No comments: