I have so many thoughts in my head lately and struggle with wether I should share them on hear or not but since this is my families personal blog,basically the only journal I will write in the Lord is convicting me this morning to write them down.
Ever since God allowed my Family to live in Guatemala our hearts have never been the same. In our sunday school book yesterday one of the scriptures was:
Isaiah 55:8 "For my thought are not your thoughts, and neither are you ways my ways" declares the Lord."
Reading that verse I can remember sitting on a bench in the back of Paul and Ruths' back yard there in Guatemala and being overwelmed with this verse of God speaking your ways are not my ways but mine are always better! That day without a shadow of a doubt was a day that changed my thoughts in one of the greatest ways. Now I look back on Josie's adoption that felt so terrible during the time but now looking back the waiting and the reward was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me because in that experience I got to know the Lord and trust is greatfullness in the most amazing way. I still today believe his ways and his timing are always the best but in my human heart there are still so many days I want to rush him.
My heart wants my son home today! and my hearts wants back in Guatemala Today! I know though and believe that the Lord knows my heart and desires and have to remind myself he hasn't forgotten or he is listening, he just knows the perfect day and the perfect time.
I yearn to get to serve on the mission field in Guatmala in the way that I yearned for Josie. Not sure why other than the Lord has to have put that on my heart. I always shared that when I know the Lord was definatly calling me to adopt Josie when it never went away and so one the days when I guestion whether not he is calling us to the mission field when he isn't sending us (yet) I have to remind myself that the feeling would surely go away. It hasn't, so many times we think we must be crazy or something is wrong with us I wonder does everyone that is willing to serve the Lord go through this. I am remind of the growing in Christ that I did while in the wait of Josie so I remind myself that "He's still working on me, to make me what I wanna be" and if he had sent us any sooner we would have missed our special opportunity to meet a very special boy in Mexico that God has blessed us with.
So to GOD be the GLORY!
No comments:
Post a Comment