I have just have to share today how honored I am that God is choosing me to be a foster parent. It definatly has its ups and downs but I have just been blessed with most amazing children. That is what I want to share with people the most, we get in our minds a certain vision of what foster children are... sadly but we do, and I am here to say these children are not throw aways they are not all terrible kids but they are the hearts of the Lord, precious, beautiful,children that if some day something terrible happened in your family and someone you loved was placed in foster care, well those are the children the same in the Lords eyes, his loved ones.
I am just so humbled how he has blessed us from the experience of opening our home up. I want to share that there are som many more reasons to reach out to these children than not. It is alittle inconvient not knowing what the dynamics of your family could be from one day to the next. Its alittle bit of a pain trying to adjust to new additudes and sleep habits. Its a little inconvient when your date night on your anniversary gets postponted becuase 2 littles girls don't have a home to go to that night. And it is terribly inconvient when your hearts breaks into when you have absolutly fell in love with this special someone and you have to let them go. But let me tell you not one day is in vain and I wouldn't have changed one thing or one day with any of the children I have had.
My two sweet little girls that I have right now are unique because they are my first sibling group and let me tell you it does make my car full, and my table full, and all my beds full but to watch the 2 of them comfort and love on each other is breathtaking. They have atleast one constant in there lives, thank you Jesus! They are beautiful, happy, loving children. I am in Awe of how the Lord is allowing us to be used in this situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment