Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Great News!



Christian in his favorite place...Guatemala
This is where I believe to be where the Lord have him a glimpse of his will for him.


I have been dying to post this I just had to wait until Christian had time to post it himself. I am so proud to announce that yesterday Christian got his much anticipated phone call of acceptance to join YWAM on a mission trip for teens to Dominican Republic this summer. I am so proud of him, this was a decision he made on his own and I believe to be his first decision to follow the Lord's call and go on a mission trip. On his own I might add. And yes the thought of it can make me sick, he is a child that doesn't even go to friends houses to spend the night. But I know he belongs to the Lord first and honestly I have had alot of peace about it so therfore I know it is from the Lord because the mom in me alone couldn't let this happen. I am excited about this I just cannot wait to see what the Lord is got planned for him and what he is going to show him through this trip. I know that the Lord has been working on mine and Carrol's heart for years now to prepare us to let go and if you can't trust the Lord that already knows our days with our children than who could we trust.

Christian you are the most special blessing. You make your dad and I so proud everyday of your life. I enjoy watching you turning your relationship with the Lord your own and I totally admire your willingness to say yes. I know that you will be perfectly safe cause our God will be with you everyminute.I love you baby!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow what an awesome kid! And I have to admit that Guatemala is one of my favorite places in this world too! Way to go mom- you should be proud of the hard work you put into this guy- it shows!
:0) Amy