Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pedro

I have tried not to put a timeline or to put too many expectations in this adoption since I about let the last one drive me completely crazy. Today though I got confirmation that everyone who should be is working on this case and finally I can just feel it rolling, so today I am alitte anxious and getting very excited. I know God's timing is perfect from experience but I know we are supposed to go to the Lord with our request, so today I asked that you would pray with me asking that this sweet child could be home very soon. We are praying for him to be home this summer in order to adjust somewhat before school starts. He is older and pretty much speaks all spanish. So we are praying for peace in his heart during this process and even though his life hasn't always been a great one it is all he knows. He has lots of people who do care for him there that we know he will miss them as well as they will miss him. He'll adjust to having a family of his own that loves him, one that is also used to there lives the way it is. Imagine going and having to stay in a place where you barely know the language. Where none of the food is what your used to.
We know though that the Lord is at work and he will work out all these issues. We are praying for Pedro today. And maybe just maybe Lord willing we will have maybe atleast one easy adoption.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you remember "going and having to stay in a place where you barely knew the language and where none of the food was what you were used to"? Can you see God giving you some insight way back in Jan 08as to what Pedro may feel when he comes home? See, God knows what it's like to put himself in a situation where he would know EXACTLY what His children are going through. And I'll bet He's tickled when He sees us getting a little glimpse of that. (By the way, when you were in that place that was foreign to you, I know that nothing mattered except being with the people who loved you the most. And I know that will be enough for Pedro, too.)

mica said...

oh my goodness! Thank you for reminding me of that. love ya, Mica