Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SO much going on!

As of today we are still waiting on the call from the US embassy in Mexico city to tell us our case is ready to pick up. So here is the details apparently I dont' know if this is only for Mexico or other country but the case still isnt complete without a final approval from the Mexican Ministry of Foriegn Affairs SRE. Our case is complete at the US Embassy, so we have our I-800 approval from USCIS on Dec. 2,2010. We were issued our Article 5 on January 3,2010 and now we wait on the Article 23 from the SRE. UGHHHH!! another Mexican office, which totally throws me for a loop because the last step to bringing my child home lies in the hands of people that work on NO time schedules!! but I was told from the very awesome officers at the Embassy I should know anyday. SO believe when I say I am so sick of waiting ONE MORE DAY!
Once the SRE does say our case has been processed though we travel. We go to that office to pick up the Article 23. Get a Dr. appt for the TB test and as soon as that is read we will get our visa interview and Get home as quick as possible with our son onto US soil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So God has ofcourse been up to more!!! And shook me to the core and definatly put me up to a test. I have been privatly so worried about how we would even afford to pick Pedro up. We found out that Carrol and I both have to go for the visa interview which of course added lots of money to the bill by me having to fly as well. And we can't fly round trip becuase we have to travel to pick up Pedro then travel to Mexico City then the 3 of us will have to get a last minute one way flight home. Not to mention hotel stay in the city which is not cheap for 5 days! SO needless to say that is very overwelming! but I just kept telling myself that God will provide, He has chosen this timing so HE knows and I just have to give it to him and not worry!! Yeah right that is not easy for me.... SO I decided that now was the time we had to get very serious at hearing the LORD and trusting him. So I began to fast. Very desperate true fasting trusting and believing he would show us how he was going to take care of this problem. HE did... He blessed me with a significant raise at my work that was very overwelming!  Praise Praise! So then as my family was resting at the end of the day enjoying watching Forrest Gump, laughing and carring on... I got a phone call from DHS! yep even though we were on break to bring Pedro home feeling like that was the best decision for now, He tested me. The call was for a child with Down Syndrome that no one was excepting affraid of his illness and feeling that was more than they cold handle. SO all I could do was tell the lady I would call her back... I hung up the phone and Balled my eyes out because I knew without a doubt the Lord was speaking!! My whole family began to cry. He was promising he would always take care of us and needed to know that I would take care of his child. Take care of the least of these MICA.  Well ofcourse we took this precious 3 year old boy with down syndrome. Scared to death of what to expect and of course GOD showed himself when this child was placed with us. My whole family with the exception of my precious daughter Corie who has always had a heart for special needs children, was so nervous that we couldn't do this. Well I will say in a instant the Lord has changed our hearts, I watched Christian go from a look of fear to a look to true love and compassion. It is simply overwelming what the Lord has done in our lives through one simple yes. It is amazing how he taught me what a true fasting is! It is amazing the things he has planned for our lives that we would truely never expect. Though Pedro isn't home yet and my hearts hurts for him to be home with us I know that to the Lord one day is like a thousand to him. He has a perfect plan and I know there has been many lives changed through this process and I believe and know Pedro will be home and all of this process will seem like nothing other than a growth in our faith! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I am reading this with tears streaming down, I just ache for you and overwhelmed by your faith, love, acceptance and gratitude. I am so blessed to call you friend. Will continue to pray for Pedro's homecoming. I lvoe you.