He had his first futbol practice the first weekend he was home to and loved it. He is going to play on a pretty competitive traveling team that the Lord worked out for him during the process and will have a 3 on 3 tournament this weekend. So as you can see we hit the ground running but with adopting a teenager things are much different and you just have to work around there comfort zone and take it one day at a time. There will always be things he does alittle different than my other 2 teenagers because of the big culture difference but overall I think he fits like a glove in our family. So thankful God chose us to be his family and the Lord continues to grows us and there is definatly a new lesson for my kids in this situation. A lesson on compassion within our own family when sometimes we take each other for granted and not treat each other the way we should.
Pedro also got to experience his first snow! Not sure if he liked the hit in the face he received but sure liked given it. We have snow on the ground today and expect it pretty much all week. So we will continue with new experiences, hopefully go sledding this week and will press on getting to know each other more and more. And as his mom I will say for those that fear adopting a older child, I had so much anxiety even though I knew I loved him and he was a sweet boy and the Lord definatly called us to adopt him, the fear of how to relate and to communicate with him was so scary but let me tell you even as a 14 year old boy there is still a sweetness with momma and her son and communicating, it just takes care of itself.
Pedro and his cousin Bryce.
1 comment:
I am so grateful that there are people in the world like you. I love you all so much and I am so proud of you and happy for all of you. You have a beautiful family, and my heart bursts with gratitude to the Lord that He is taking care of everything and the ride is smooth. Tell Pedro that people he's never met love him and are thinking of him all the time, and praying for him. Because we are, we send love to him and the rest of you every day.
Love,
April, Jessie, Jonathan
(Eubanks)
Post a Comment