Tuesday, May 4, 2010

update

Saturday night my husband returned home to us Praise the Lord but it was very bittersweet becuase our son has not been allowed to come home. For those in the Mexico process I will share the details so that NO ONE ever has to go through this.
 Our 1800 didn't get approved before the judge in  Mexico signed our final sentencia finalizing our adoption so although all the process was done and complete one peice of paper was filed before the other causing the US to hold up and try to deny our innocent child's visa! Honestly I have been so bitter this is why I haven't posted this. For 2 months almost 3 the US has sat on our documents with me having to call and chase someone everyday! the are holding my adoption up due to bad advice and error of my adoption agency which is WHY the Hague was supposed to be set up anyway what they forgot to put in the rule was someone that could speak and give advice to adoptive parents. It is instead still allowing 100% authority and responsiblity to a agency that could possibly be corrupt or just make a honest mistake. and becuase of that the agency nor the US has to take any resposibility just my family and my innocent chid are having to pay. THESE RULES HAVE TO BE CHANGED!  I have done a Guatemala adoption and I know what terrible things can come from bad and corrupt lawyers and facilitaters and believe me when I say these Hague Laws are no better. I understand there thoughts but I think  a few Real adoptive families should have been involved in making the rules!
So with no other choice and no idea what is our next step forsure my husband could no longer stay there for the sake of us at home and financally it was no longer a option. so we took Pedro back to the orphange for now. He seems to be doing o.k. with it I believe he knows we did all we could and I kindof  feel he probably just needed to get back to some sort of normalacy too.
This whole deal is like being in jail for a crime you didn't commit! It is a disgrace of our US goverment offices, what do they think?? my child is a real serious threat!?! people come in everyday to the us and there is no visa's my 13 year old son of US citizens can come in. as I Write this the madder I get so I am going to quit but those with Hague Adoption  DO NOT LET THE JUDGE OF YOUR COUNTRY SIGN THE FINAL APPROVAL WITHOUT THEM HAVING THE 1800 APPROVAL IN HAND! THE ORIGINAL COPY.

2 comments:

The T fam said...

Oh Mica! I can't imagine how awful this must be! I've been wondering what exactly was going on and what the hold up was, and now this makes it more clear. So is the US saying the adoption was not done correctly? Do you have any other options? I am amazed that the judge in Mexico signed the finalization without the I800. Did he just not understand the process?
I'll be praying for you all and especially Pedro as this must be all so confusing. Keep us posted.
Tiffany
www.blessingsfrommexico.blogspot.com

mica said...

yes the US is saying it wasn't done correctly. No I believe Mexico just didn't understand this and I believe it was mostly just a terrible oversight! The uscis is giving us a apportunity to I guess appeal which we are doing and hopefully it will be resolved this week!